CHINESE ROAST PORK 烧肉 SIEW YOKE
Step-By-Step Recipe Guide
Greetings All Pork Lovers! This CHINESE ROAST PORK 烧肉 SIEW YOKE Step-By-Step Recipe Guide is Auntie Lilly's special post for all those Siew Yoke fans out there. Because of this unfortunate lockdown due to the COVID19, I realised that many avid home cooks are trying to prepare this all-time favourite Roast Pork dish at home, hence I would like to share my family's recipe on blog with you here. Read On For FULL RECIPE!
Luscious Interior With Juicy Melt-In-Your-Mouth Roast Pork Belly
My family's favourite is Roast Pork Belly the Chinese way aka 'Siew Yoke' in Cantonese. My hubby, Uncle Hong has perfected this recipe from the numerous attempts he made in our kitchen and I'm very pleased to share our family's recipe on this blog post with my readers! Enjoy the cooking & Bon Appétit!
Crispy, Crackling Skin
The succulent Chinese roast pork is easy to prepare with very minimal ingredients and you probably already have them in your kitchen now. There's nothing quite like roasting your own Siew Yoke at home. The luscious interior, crispy, crackling skin and juicy melt-in-your-mouth texture of the roast pork, is definitely worth the effort.
1kg Pork Belly With Skin
Perfect Layer Of Fat & Meat With Skin Pork Belly
Let's get cracking, here's my simple and easy-to-follow recipe of Auntie Lilly's Crispy Golden Pork Belly aka 'Siew Yoke'.
- 1 Kilogram Pork Belly
- ½ Teaspoon White Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Fine Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Chinese Five Spice Powder
- 2 Tablespoon Shao Shing Rice Cooking Wine
- ½ Tablespoon White Vinegar
- ½ Cup Coarse Salt
Pork Belly Ready For Marination
Clean The Skin & Pluck Any Fur
3 Simple Ingredients For Marination
Salt, 5 Spice Powder, White Pepper & Shao Shing Rice Cooking Wine
Chinese 5 Spice Powder
The 5-Spice Powder can be purchased at any Chinese medicine shops for RM 2 at 20grams per pack.
- Clean pork belly and pluck off any fur.
- Pat dry and rub with Shao Shing rice cooking wine.
- Mix fine salt, 5-Spice powder & white pepper together in a small plate.
- Marinate pork belly with the mix & season it well onto the meat.
- Leave the pork belly overnight in the fridge, uncovered with the skin side up.
- After marinating overnight, pierce the skin only with the pricking tool to create the crackling - the more holes, the better the crackling.
- Place pork belly on aluminium foil, skin side up.
- Use a brush to apply white vinegar on the skin evenly.
- Spread a layer of coarse salt on the top of the skin.
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C or 375°F.
- Roast for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and gently lift off the coarse salt cap to expose the skin.
- Turn oven up to 220°C.
- Grill the top for 10-15 mins until skin puffs, crackles and turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let it sit in room temperature for 15 minutes and listen to that crackle while it cooling off.
- Cut into bite-sized pieces and served immediately with premium light soya sauce if desired. 😍😋
Step-By-Step Marination Process
White Vinegar, Pricking Tool, Coarse Salt & Aluminium Foil
I bought this pricking tool for RM 10 from the kitchen utensil and crockery shop in OUG market near my home. You can always use 3 to 4 skewers - tied up together to poke holes on the skin too.
Poke Holes & Apply White Vinegar With A Brush
Spread A Layer Of Salt & Pat Flat To Cover The Surface Well
Roasting Time For 40 Mins At 190°C or 375°F
I loved my Flavorwave Oven Turbo Halogen Convection Oven very much. It's so easy to use and clean with the see-through glass oven. It uses halogen heat, infrared waves and convection cooking to cook, grill,, bake, steam, reheat and even defrost my food. You can get it from www.lazada.com.my Or shopee.com.my for less than RM 120, like how I did.
Click here to ORDER: www.lazada.com.my/shop-halogen-glass-ovens & Shopee FlavorWave Oven Turbo Halogen Convection Oven
Gently Remove & Lift Off The Coarse Salt
Juicy Roast Pork Belly Ready For Skin 'Blistering'
Grill The Top Skin In High Heat In My Flavorwave Halogen Oven
Voila! Perfectly Puffs & Crackles Skin
Juicy Melt-In-Your-Mouth Freshly Roasted Pork Belly
Definitely Worth The Effort
Can't Wait To Sink Your Teeth Into The Crispy Skin
Let's Feast Your Eyes On My Crackling Siew Yoke Fresh From Oven
Cut long slice and chop-chop away into bite-sized cubes. You may need a chopper for a clean-cut, so make sure your chopper is heavy and sharp!
My Pork-licious 'Siew Yoke' Recipe
Chop-Chop In Action
Chop-Chop In Action
Well, are you ready to try out my pork-licious 'Siew Yoke' recipe? I hope you enjoy reading my post on cooking.
😍😍 Ready To Dig In? 😍😍
Give it a try, it's well worth the effort and it does save money by cooking at home. I know you'll love it and your family will thank you for serving such a lovely home-cooked Siew Yoke dish. Yum-Yums & Happy Cooking! 😍😍😍
Connect With Us FollowMeToEatLa - The Malaysian Food Blog
Facebook Fan Page: www.facebook.com/FollowMeToEatLa
YouTube Channel: Youtube.com/c/FollowMeToEatLa
Thank you for sharing the recipeReplyDelete