Flavours Of Thailand At DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Rich flavours of authentic Thai cuisines ignite the day and night with guest chefs hailing from Conrad Bangkok and Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok
Flavours of Thailand at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Amazing Thai Food Tasting At DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Thanks to the wonderful invitation from DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, my family and I attended the exclusive 'Absolute Thai' media preview with guest Thai Chef Jib and Chef Chu whipping up Thai best cuisine from their homeland to entice diners palate.
Let taste buds tingle with delight in heat and spice as DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur brings authentic, beautiful and tasty dishes for guests to enjoy, featuring renowned Thai chefs from sister properties Conrad Bangkok and Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok, to exhibit a Thai dining experience like no other. Starting from March 1, 2017, to April 30, 2017, DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur will be offering five Thai inspired promotions for everyone to savour.
Head Thai Chef for Conrad Bangkok, Inthira “Chef Jib” Phumpaijitr, draws inspiration from a strong Thai family heritage and has cultivated a robust hotel background in authentic Thai culinary. Combining hot cooking with a special skill in fruits and vegetable carving, her path to culinary success started from very humble beginnings as a pantry lady in a beach resort in Pattaya.
Amazing Creation By Chef Jib!
Today, her culinary prowess and kitchen leadership have taken her to countries like Finland, Denmark, Egypt and Sri Lanka to share her Thai inspiration and innovative creations. Now in Malaysia, Chef Jib will be in DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur for one month in March 2017 to share her unique talents of authentic Thai cooking.
Puttipong “Chef Chu” Tinkratok is a Thai chef who comes with a passion for cooking with fresh ingredients and making each dish shine with its unique authentic flavour. In his position as Cluster Sous Chef at both Hilton and DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok, Chef Chu’s role is significant in shaping the hotels’ culinary talents and passion in preserving Thai heritage cooking.
With almost 20 years of experience in both Thailand and international countries like the UAE, Tunisia and Switzerland, Chef Chu is passionate about sharing his speciality Thai dishes to fellow Malaysians at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur in the month of April 2017.
An Eye-Catching Display
We started off my Thai-licious tasting with a refreshing appetizer of Som Tam ~ Thai papaya salad with dried shrimps, roasted peanuts and chilli-lime dressing. I'm a fan of Thai salad and enjoyed the light and healthy bites of unripe papaya eaten together with raw cabbage, cherry tomatoes and long beans.
Gung Che Num Pa
Next on the list is the Gung Che Num Pa ~ Raw tiger prawn with premium Thai dip. I called this the 'Thai Sashimi' - as diners were totally delighted over the succulent and super fresh tiger prawns served chilled and tasted absolutely amazing with the simple but really good Thai dipping sauce. The finely minced coriander roots in the sourish-spicy dipping sauce enhanced the overall tasting experience.
River Prawn Tom Yam Gung
No Thai cuisine is not complete without the well-loved Tom Yam soup ~ Prawn soup infused with lemongrass, kaffir lime and galangal.
Pla Neung Manao
Fish lovers will be delighted with Pla Neung Manao ~ Steamed Seabass with fragrant lime broth.
This is my top pick for the night ~ Nam Tok, Grilled black Angus Thai beef salad. Tender with melt-in-mouth texture coupled with the spicy sauce, everything goes hand-in-hand with each other, the beef dish was the highlight of the night.
Gang Kiew Wan Gai
On the other hand, if you like chicken, then this dish might appeal to you. Gang Kiew Wan Gai ~ Thai green curry chicken. Fresh herbs and spices go into the cooking of the green curry dish. Ingredients such as cherry-sized Thai green eggplants were brought in from Thailand and used for their flavour but also for some extra texture for the dish. They taste quite bitter and might not be for everybody. The creamy green sauce was especially good when eaten with warm steamed Thai white rice.
Rau Muong Xao Mam Tom
Rau Muong Xao Mam Tom ~ Stir fried morning glory with chilli and shrimp paste. If you are wondering what is 'morning glory' ... it's just another name for water spinach or more commonly known in Malaysia as the kangkong!
Must Have Thai Dessert
Khao Nieaw Mamuang
Khao Nieaw Mamuang ~ Chokanan mango sticky rice
Tub Tim Krob
Red ruby & Jackfruit in coconut milk
Lovely Thai Dining With My Daughters
Do check out Flavours of Thailand promotion at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur offering for the beginning of March until end April as follows:
Amazing Thai Buffet Hi-Tea at Makan Kitchen
4 March – 30 April 2017
Saturday and Sunday
12:30 pm to 4:00 pm
RM91 nett per person (Kids eat free per paying adult)
1. In addition to a hi-tea spread of over 60 dishes, diners can expect signature Thai dishes such as Pad Thai, Thai Fish Cake, Pandan Chicken, Clear Tom Yam, Beef Massaman, and much more.
2. Makan Kitchen will also be serving Thai inspired drinks such as Iced Red Tea, Lemongrass Tea and Iced Green Tea, which will be served on a rotation basis throughout the promotion. 3. To entertain our young guests, a kid’s corner will be set up with Wii games and movie screening, where our chef will be concocting some delectable Thai snacks and desserts for the children to enjoy.
Absolute Thai Buffet Dinner at Makan Kitchen
3 March – 30 April 2017
Monday until Sunday 6:30 pm to 10:30 pm
RM135 nett per person
1. Serving Thai speciality dishes such as Grilled Black Angus Thai Beef Salad, River Prawn Tom Yam Kung, Raw Tiger Prawn with Premium Thai Dip, Steamed Fish with Fragrant Lime Broth, Chokanan Mango Sticky Rice and much more.
2. Makan Kitchen will also be serving Thai inspired drinks such as Iced Red Tea, Lemongrass Tea and Iced Green Tea, which will be served on a rotation basis throughout the promotion.
3. Over 80 dishes of buffet dinner spread for all-you-can-eat.
45 Thai-Italian Tapas & Beer at Tosca
2 March – 29 April 2017
Thursday till Saturday
6.00pm to 11.00pm
RM168 nett per person
1. Be amazed by the wide variety of 45 Italian Tapas, some of which will be infused with Thai ingredients and cooking style, creating unique dishes such as Soi Cowboy Baby Shrimps, Beef Phanaeng Spaghetti, Green Chicken Curry Linguine, Gaeng Khiao Wan Pizza, Coconut Fish and Chips, Massaman Lamb Shank, Tub Tim Krob, and many more – all for all-you-can-eat.
2. Enjoy an unlimited serving of Tiger draft beer.
5-Course Thai Fusion Wine Dinner at Tosca
24 March 2017, Friday
7.00pm to 11.00pm
RM168 nett per person
For one night only, experience Thai food at its finest as Chef Jib prepares a sophisticated yet delightful five-course Thai menu, where each dish is brilliantly paired with exquisite wines to bring out the best of flavours. Diners can expect the following menu:
Bangkok Seafood Samplers
A platter consisting of Alaskan crab - fish cake, raw prawn timbale and stuffed squid salad - paired with Corte Giara Pinot Grigio
Crayfish Tom Yam
A sour and spicy broth infused with crayfish and fresh aromatic herbs - paired with Poggio al Tesoro Solosole Vermentino
Baked Snapper with Citrus “Cartoccio” Fresh snapper fillet baked in paper with citrus broth, chilli and herbs - paired with Allegrini Valpolicella Superior DOC
Lemongrass Beef Steak with “Som Tam” Grilled marinated beef steak served with Thai papaya salad and crushed peanuts - paired with Allegrini La Poja 2008
Deconstructed Mango Sticky Rice An infusion of coconut panna cotta, Thai sticky rice, mango ice cream, salted coconut foam and coconut crumble - paired with Allegrini Giovanni Recioto Classico 2009
“Sun Down, Get Thai” Cocktail Pairing Dinner at Cellar Door
10 March 2017, Friday
7.00pm to 10.00pm
RM125 nett per person
RM125 nett per person
1. A perfect night to indulge yourself in Thai inspired cocktails such as Thailander, Thai Pearl, Thai Chili Mojito, Thai Margarita and Tamarind Whiskey Sour, all of which will include the wonders of Thai spices.
2. Expect each drink to be paired perfectly with dishes such as Thai Spring Roll, Thai Fish Cake, Tom Yam Prawn Fritter, Pandan Chicken and Lemongrass Grilled Beef, to bring out the best in Thai flavours.
Cooking Session With Chef Jib & Chef Chu
Home cooks looking to get up-close and personal in learning some signature Thai dishes to cook up a storm can save their dates for two inspiring cooking classes with our guest chefs who will be teaching simple yet the best kept secrets to whipping up some great Thai food. Learn 3 signature Thai dishes such as:
- Som Tam – Thai papaya salad with dried shrimps, roasted peanuts and chili-lime dressing
- River Prawn Tom Yam Gung – Prawn soup infused with lemongrass, kaffir lime and galangal
- Gang Kiew Wan Gai – Thai green curry chicken
Choose either a session with Chef Jib on 18 March 2017 (Saturday) or with Chef Chu on 15 April 2017 (Saturday) for a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn from the best.
Each session is priced at RM188 nett per person and includes our Absolute Thai Buffet Dinner at Makan Kitchen with our renowned guest chefs.
All prices are inclusive of 10% Service Charge and 6% GST. For reservations, please call +603 2172 7272 or visit FlavoursbyDoubleTreeKL.com for more information.
Follow Me At My FaceBook Page For My Latest Reviews
Follow Me To Eat on Instagram